Mindful Communication: a new development
I’ve spent the past 25 years practising mindfulness and learning, sometimes painfully, how to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. Along the way, it’s helped me to ask this question: how do I harness the power of mindfulness and empathy to increase trust and connection with others and myself?
How much of our stress comes comes from relationships and (mis)communication? I’ve developed a new ‘Mindful Communication’ program, which applies mindfulness skills to the area of communication. The course integrates approaches and exercises from Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Nonviolent Communication (NVC), to help us enhance our ability to stay present and listen to the people around us, even when there’s conflict.
This course will help you to:
* Feel more fully and richly alive – moment by moment
* Think and communicate more clearly and effectively.
* Start communicating mindfully in your daily life
* Develop deeper, more satisfying and longer-lasting relationships.
* Discover that stress and anxiety are optional.
* Free yourself from, ‘re-active’ impulses and habit patterns
* Recognise and challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs.
* Develop safe and positive ways of dealing with chronic mental or physical pain
* Express and receive anger in ways that increase safety
You can attend the Mindful Communication course one of two formats: a one-week retreat and 8-week course.