Bristol, UK: 2-Day NVC Foundation Training
Would you like to learn how to transform your communication? This workshop is suitable for you if you want to build trusting relationships.
- Introduces you to the steps of the Nonviolent Communication (NVC) process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Uses the NVC Dance Floors for integrated, dynamic learning.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training
This workshop is for you if you would like to:
- Deepen the quality of connection with your family, students, colleagues, neighbours.
- Stay connected in times of conflict.
- Become more present.
- Learn how to take a ‘Time In’.
- Learn how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences – to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Learn about the value of journalling.
Trainer: Shantigarbha, certified with the Center for Nonviolent Communication
We want to make this training accessible to as many people with different financial resources as possible, whilst supporting ourselves to continue sharing this work. In order to do this, we propose that you choose your own fee from the range of £70 – £300.
Suggested guideline for choosing your fee:
– Choose the lowest figure if you are on benefits and/or regularly struggling to pay the rent.
– Choose the highest figure if you are regularly eating out well and/or paid for by your employer, and/or want to support others with fewer financial resources to attend this workshop.
– Choose a figure in the middle e.g. £185.00, if you are in between.
When you book, please say the amount you are offering to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, please get in touch with us.
Dates: 8-9th September, 2012
Times: 10am – 5.30pm both days.
Venue: Hamilton House, 80 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3QY. Website: http://www.hamiltonhouse.org/
Further information: Contact Us or phone Alice Sheldon, the Seedofpeace.org administrator, on 0117 962 2216 or 07584 486 415.
To reserve your place on this course:
(ii) By cheque: go to the Booking Forms page, print out the Printable Booking form at the bottom of the page, fill it in and return it to the Seedofpeace.org address on the payments page. Please include your cheque Deposit of £30.00 payable to ‘Shantigarbha’.
Once we have received your Booking Form and Deposit, we will email you to confirm your place. A Joining Letter with travel and other information will be sent out two weeks before the course.
To prepare for the workshop: Please read Marshall’s book ‘Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life’ or watch a DVD.
About the trainer
Shantigarbha (Chris Warren) is an international NVC trainer certified with the Centre for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC.org). Shantigarbha has led NVC workshops and retreats in the UK, the Middle East, the US, India and Sri Lanka and offers coaching / counselling for individuals and couples. In 2012 he ran a reconciliation retreat for 100 Israelis and Palestinians near the Dead Sea. He has written a regular column in Juno Magazine on NVC and parenting, and he’s author of a forthcoming book ‘Empathy: the art of compassionate presence’.
Visit Shantigarbha’s website at seedofpeace.org