Learn the Seven Keys of Mindful Communication to help enhance your ability to stay present to yourself and listen to the people around you, even when there’s conflict:
- Bringing awareness to communication
- The Tree of Mindful Communication
- Taking a Time In
- Empathising with others
- Expressing your deepest heart’s wish
- Transforming anger: your’s and other people’s
- Developing fluency
This course offers:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices.
- Gentle mindful stretching.
- Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life.
- Experiential exercises to bring mindfulness to self-connection, empathizing with others and expressing ourselves.
- Transforming anger using the Nonviolent Communication Anger process.
- Individually tailored instruction.
- Three guided meditation CDs and Workbook.
- challenge, learning, support and fun!
This course will help you to:
- Feel more fully and richly alive – moment by moment
- Think and communicate more clearly and effectively.
- Start communicating mindfully in your daily life
- Develop deeper, more satisfying and longer-lasting relationships.
- Discover that stress and anxiety are optional.
- Free yourself from, ‘re-active’ impulses and habit patterns
- Recognise and challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs.
- Develop safe and positive ways of dealing with chronic mental or physical pain
- Express and receive anger in ways that increase safety
Dates: Six Thursday evenings from Thursday September 27th 2012.
Times: 7.00pm – 9.30pm.
Led by Shantigarbha, CNVC.org certified and trained at the Centre for Mindfulness, Shrewsbury, MA., USA.
Venue: Unitarian Chapel, Brunswick Square, St. Pauls, Bristol, BS2 8PE
We want to make this work accessible to as many people with different financial resources as possible, whilst supporting ourselves to continue sharing it. Please choose your fee from the range of £100 – £300. Suggested guideline:
- Choose the lowest end of the scale if you are regularly struggling to pay your rent.
- Choose the top end of the scale if you are regularly eating out well and/or being funded to attend by your employer.
- Choose somewhere in the middle if neither of these apply to you.
When you book, please say the amount you are deciding to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, feel free to get in touch with us.
The instructor Shantigarbha has been practising and teaching Mindfulness for 27 years, and certified to teach Nonviolent Communication (NVC) for the last eight years. Shantigarbha has led NVC workshops and retreats in the UK, the Middle East, the US, India and Sri Lanka and offers coaching / counselling for individuals and couples. In 2012 he ran a reconciliation retreat for 100 Israelis and Palestinians near the Dead Sea. He has written a regular column in Juno Magazine on NVC and parenting. He brings directness, humour, mindfulness and empathy to his trainings. He’s the author of a forthcoming book Empathy: the art of compassionate presence.
Contact Us or phone Alice Sheldon, the SeedofPeace.org administrator, on 0117 962 2216 or 07584 486 415.
To reserve your place on this course:
(ii) By cheque: go to the Booking Forms page, print out the Printable Booking form at the bottom of the page, fill it in and return it to the Seedofpeace.org address on the payments page. Please include your cheque Deposit of £30.00 payable to ‘Shantigarbha’.
Once we have received your Booking Form and Deposit, we will email you to confirm your place. A Joining Letter with travel and other information will be sent out two weeks before the course.