About the course
Anger is a powerful emotion. Can you imagine the power of transforming it?
- Learn how to express anger fully without blame, attack or threat
- Learn how to receive anger in ways that increase safety, respect and understanding.
- Clarify your feelings and needs in challenging situations
- Extend skills and understanding with the ‘Anger, Guilt, Shame and Depression’ Dance Floor. Dance Floors are spatial maps of the NVC process which we lay on the floor and walk through – hence Dance Floors.
This Level Two (Deepening) course is designed for practising skills learned in your Level One or Foundation Training, plus developing further understanding and skills in the area of anger. (The other Level Two courses we offer are in the areas of empathy and conflict).
- Review and practice the basic ingredients of NVC.
- Share the ups and downs of applying NVC in your life.
- Extend skills and understanding with the NVC Dance Floors.
- Discover the healing power of presence.
- Connect empathically with yourself and others.
- Be able to list the purpose and specific learnable skills of Nonviolent Communication.
- Be able to list the Four Ingredients of Observation, Feeling, Need and Request.
- Be able to use the Four Ingredients in (i) expressing yourself to others, (ii) listening to others and (iii) listening compassionately to yourself.
- Be able to experientially describe the connection between self-empathy and empathy.
- Be able to self-empathize in challenging situations.
- Be able to hear the needs behind challenging messages.
You will need to have completed a Level One course before booking on this Course. We would suggest reading Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, if you haven’t already.
When and where
Six Mondays (30 April; 7, 14, 21, and 28 May; 4 June 2018), 7:30 — 9:45pm.
Venue: Horfield Quaker Meeting House, Bristol.
We want to make this work as accessible as possible while making it sustainable in the UK and abroad. To this end, we have a sliding scale of £90 — £320.
Guideline for choosing your fee
- Choose the lowest figure if you are on benefits and/or regularly struggling to pay the rent.
- Choose the highest figure if you are regularly eating out well and/or paid for by your employer, and/or want to support others with fewer financial resources to.
- Attend this workshop and/or want to support Seed of Peace spread NVC in areas of the world where there are fewer financial resources.
- Choose a figure in the middle e.g. £215, if you are in between.
When you book, please say the amount you are offering to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, please get in touch with us.
Registration and paying your deposit
Please use the booking form on this website.