About the course
Anger is a powerful emotion. Can you imagine the power of transforming it?
- Learn how to express anger fully without blame, attack or threat
- Learn how to receive anger in ways that increase safety, respect and understanding.
- Clarify your feelings and needs in challenging situations
- Extend skills and understanding with the ‘Anger, Guilt, Shame and Depression’ Dance Floor. Dance Floors are spatial maps of the NVC process which we lay on the floor and walk through – hence Dance Floors.
This Level Two (Deepening) course is designed for practising skills learned in your Level One or Foundation Training, plus developing further understanding and skills in the area of anger. (The other Level Two courses we offer are in the areas of empathy and conflict).
- Review and practice the basic ingredients of NVC.
- Share the ups and downs of applying NVC in your life.
- Extend skills and understanding with the NVC Dance Floors.
- Discover the healing power of presence.
- Connect empathically with yourself and others.
- Be able to list the purpose and specific learnable skills of Nonviolent Communication.
- Be able to list the Four Ingredients: Observation, Feeling, Need ,and Request.
- Be able to use the Four Ingredients in: expressing yourself to others; listening to others; and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Be able to experientially describe the connection between self-empathy and empathy.
- Be able to self-empathize in challenging situations.
- Be able to hear the needs behind challenging messages.
Please read Marshall Rosenberg’s book, Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life if you haven’t alreday, or take a refresher with one of the videos on our training preparation page. You might also value our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
When and where
Six Mondays (20, an 27 May; 3, 10, 17, abd 24 June 2019), 7:30 — 9:45pm.
Venue: Bristol Central Quaker Meeting House, Champion Square, Bristol BS2 9DB.
We want to make this work as accessible as possible while making it sustainable in the UK and abroad. To this end, we have a sliding scale of £90 — £320.
- Choose the lowest figure if you are on benefits and/or regularly struggling to pay the rent.
- Choose the highest figure if you are regularly eating out well, and/or paid for by your employer, and/or want to support others with fewer financial resources to attend this workshop, and/or want to support Seed of Peace spread NVC in areas of the world where there are fewer financial resources.
- Choose a figure in the middle e.g. £215, if you are in between.
When you book, please say the amount you are offering to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, please get in touch with us.
Registration and paying your deposit
Booking form available soon.