About the course
People who get heard are more likely to listen.
Imagine interacting with others in a way that allows everyone’s needs to be equally valued.
Empathy creates connection and strengthens existing relationships, in all areas of our lives. It can bridge temperamental, cultural and religious differences. Featuring the NVC Tree of Compassionate Connection, the Self-empathy Dance Floor, empathy listening exercises, the 13 Step Inner/Outer Dance Floor. More information on the NVC Dance Floors.
This Level Two (Deepening) course is designed for practising skills learned in your Level One or Foundation Training, plus developing further understanding and skills in the area of empathy. (The other Level Two courses we offer are in the areas of conflict and anger).
- Review and practice the basic ingredients of NVC.
- Share the ups and downs of applying NVC in your life.
- Extend skills and understanding with the NVC Dance Floors.
- Discover the healing power of presence.
- Connect empathically with yourself and others.
- Be able to list the purpose and specific learnable skills of Nonviolent Communication.
- Be able to list the Four Ingredients of Observation, Feeling, Need and Request.
- Be able to use the Four Ingredients in (i) expressing yourself to others, (ii) listening to others and (iii) listening compassionately to yourself.
- Be able to experientially describe the connection between self-empathy and empathy.
- Be able to self-empathize in challenging situations.
- Be able to hear the needs behind challenging messages.
You will need to have completed a Level One course before booking on this Course. We would suggest reading Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, if you haven’t already.
When and where
Six Mondays (12, 19, and 26 March; 2, 9, and 16 April 2018), 7:30 — 9:45pm.
Venue: Horfield Quaker Meeting House, Bristol.
We want to make this work as accessible as possible while making it sustainable in the UK and abroad. To this end, we have a sliding scale of £90 — £320.
Guideline for choosing your fee
- Choose the lowest figure if you are on benefits and/or regularly struggling to pay the rent.
- Choose the highest figure if you are regularly eating out well and/or paid for by your employer, and/or want to support others with fewer financial resources to.
- Attend this workshop and/or want to support Seed of Peace spread NVC in areas of the world where there are fewer financial resources.
- Choose a figure in the middle e.g. £215, if you are in between.
When you book, please say the amount you are offering to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, please get in touch with us.
Registration and paying your deposit
Please use the booking form on this website.