About the Course
- Introduces you to the steps of the Nonviolent Communication (NVC) process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others, and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training.
- Is a safe learning environment.
- Identify the four steps of the NVC process.
- Learn new and effective communication skills in a playful and supportive environment.
- Explore connecting with others in times of conflict and with those who have different worldviews.
- Discover how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences – to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Practice becoming more present and experience taking a ‘time in’.
Please read Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, or watch one of these videos:
- Short (three minutes): Marshall Rosenberg — Nonviolent Communication — Brief Introduction.
- Medium (ten-minute clip): Marshall Rosenberg introducing Nonviolent Communication (NVC).
- Long (three hours): Introduction to Nonviolent Communication (NVC) — a one-day training by Marshall Rosenberg.
When and Where
Six Mondays (30 April; 7, 14, 21, and 28 May; 4 June 2018), 7:30 — 9:45pm.
Venue: Horfield Quaker Meeting House, Bristol.
We want to make this work as accessible as possible while making it sustainable in the UK and abroad. To this end, we have a sliding scale of £90 — £320.
Guideline for choosing your fee
- Choose the lowest figure if you are on benefits and/or regularly struggling to pay the rent.
- Choose the highest figure if you are regularly eating out well and/or paid for by your employer, and/or want to support others with fewer financial resources to attend this workshop and/or want to support Seed of Peace spread NVC in areas of the world where there are fewer financial resources.
- Choose a figure in the middle e.g. £205, if you are in between.
When you book, please say the amount you are offering to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, please get in touch with us.
Registration and Paying your deposit
Please use the booking form on this website.
Please use the contact form.