The Seed of Peace NVC Training Programme is an ongoing cycle of trainings in learning and facilitating Nonviolent Communication (NVC), also known as Compassionate Communication. As part of a vision of establishing and spreading NVC across India in a more accessible manner, we are offering the Seed of Peace NVC Training Programme as a six-session format spread over six days, to allow for practice and absorption.
The course has two levels: Level 1 aims to offer skills, tools, and practices for people to deal with relationships at work, in their homes, and in their communities with greater compassion. Level 2 courses aim to deepen these skills and also offer support with facilitation. This could lead to accreditation with Seed of Peace to facilitate Level 1 courses, and certification as a Nonviolent Communication trainer. More about Accreditation with Seed of Peace.
About the course
Dates: 25 August – 1 September.
Venue: Deer Park, Bir, Himachal Pradesh, India.
This training programme introduces participants to the steps of the NVC process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others, and listening compassionately to yourself. Additionally, this course:
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training.
- Is a safe learning environment.
The structure of the course for each day allows time to discover the content, to revisit and deepen understanding, as well as to look at facilitation elements and the opportunity to facilitate short sequences for those on the facilitation track.
- Identify the four steps of the NVC process.
- Learn new and effective communication skills in a playful and supportive environment.
- Explore connecting with others in times of conflict and with those who have different world views.
- Discover how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences — to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Practice becoming more present and experience taking a “time in”.
Payment: Gift Culture
In keeping with the integrity of our intention of offering this learning opportunity to anyone who may wish to receive it, and to, at the same time, meet our needs for sustainability, we intend to offer this course on the principles of gift culture or Giftivism. Gift culture has worked for the NVC community in India in the past. We appreciate that this may be a new concept for some, and are willing to talk it over with anyone who needs support in understanding more.
Further information and booking
Get in touch with Annie or Manasi through their contact page.