About the Course
- Introduces you to the steps of the Nonviolent Communication (NVC) process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others, and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training.
- Is a safe learning environment.
- Identify the four steps of the NVC process.
- Learn new and effective communication skills in a playful and supportive environment.
- Explore connecting with others in times of conflict and with those who have different worldviews.
- Discover how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences, to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Practice becoming more present and experience taking a time in.
Please read Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, or watch one of these videos:
- Short (three minutes): Marshall Rosenberg — Nonviolent Communication — Brief Introduction.
- Medium (ten-minute clip): Marshall Rosenberg introducing Nonviolent Communication (NVC).
- Long (three hours): Introduction to Nonviolent Communication (NVC) — a one-day training by Marshall Rosenberg.
Dates: 17 – 18 March 2018.
Times: 10.00am – 5.30pm both days.
Lunch: We invite you to bring food to share.
Location: The Refresh Café, 2 New Road, Dartmoor National Park, Okehampton EX20 1ET.
Registration and Paying your deposit
Book early as places are limited.
Please note that Seed of Peace is not handling registrations for this event. To find out more and book a place contact Kate Dixon: email@example.com or phone 01837 840959.