People who get heard are more likely to listen.
Imagine interacting with others in a way that allows everyone’s needs to be equally valued.
Empathy creates connection and strengthens existing relationships, in all areas of our lives. It can bridge temperamental, cultural and religious differences. This training features the NVC Tree of Compassionate Connection, the Self-empathy Dance Floor, empathy listening exercises, and the 13 Step Inner/Outer Dance Floor. More information on the NVC Dance Floors.
This NVC Deepening weekend is designed for practising skills learned in your Basic Training, plus developing further understanding and skills in the area of empathy.
- Review and practice the basic ingredients of NVC.
- Share the ups and downs of applying NVC in your life.
- Extend skills and understanding with the NVC Dance Floors.
- Discover the healing power of presence.
- Connect empathically with yourself and others.
- Be able to list the purpose and specific learnable skills of Nonviolent Communication.
- Be able to list the Four Ingredients of Observation, Feeling, Need and Request.
- Be able to use the Four Ingredients in (i) expressing yourself to others, (ii) listening to others and (iii) listening compassionately to yourself.
- Be able to experientially describe the connection between self-empathy and empathy.
- Be able to self-empathize in challenging situations.
- Be able to hear the needs behind challenging messages.
As this is a deepening workshop, we ask that you have already completed at least a basic NVC introductory 2-day training or have participated in an NVC practice group.
When and where
Saturday and Sunday, August 25 & 26, 2018. 9am – 4pm both days.
Venue: Women’s City Club, 375 Middle Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
We want to make this work as accessible as possible while making it sustainable. To this end, we have a sliding scale of $125 — $225.
Guideline for choosing your fee
- Choose the lowest figure if you are on benefits and/or regularly struggling to pay the rent.
- Choose the highest figure if you are regularly eating out well and/or paid for by your employer, and/or want to support others with fewer financial resources to.
- Attend this workshop and/or want to support Seed of Peace spread NVC in areas of the world where there are fewer financial resources.
- Choose a figure in the middle if you are in between.
When you book, please say the amount you are offering to pay. If you are unsure how to decide, please get in touch with us.
Registration and paying your deposit
Please contact Joanne and Lance in Portsmouth: 603-436-8085 and email@example.com