It’s all about building community! There are five, three-day, residential modules in the Year Training between October 2019 and July 2020, held at Paddington Farm, Glastonbury. The fifteen days of the training count towards CNVC certification. Ready to apply?
Our theme is Building Community, and we focus on:
- Module One: Setting up systems for Purpose, Learning, Fun and Play!
- Module Two: Setting up a support system.
- Module Three: Setting up a Conflict Transformation system.
- Module Four: Setting up a decision-making system.
- Module Five: Setting up Access and Resource Allocation (economic) systems.
More about the Year Training syllabus.
All modules are led by NVC certified trainers Shantigarbha and Gesine Schrader.
This year Gift Culture is one of the themes of the Year Training. As part of this, we ask for an organisational fee of £1000 when you apply, and a further amount (of your choosing) at the end of each module, towards the sustainability of the trainers . More about fees.
Ready to apply? Fill in the online application form.
About the Training: What is Nonviolent Communication (NVC)?
NVC was developed by Marshall Rosenberg over a period of forty years as a response to one simple yet powerful question: why do some people continue to act compassionately, even in deeply challenging situations? NVC is now being used by a worldwide network of trainers and practitioners in fields such as education, parenting, mediation, conflict resolution, psychotherapy, and social change. Further introduction to NVC.
Who will benefit from attending the course?
Anyone who wants to deepen their understanding and skills in building community. You will gain:
- Understanding of the systems that you need to set up in order to build community.
- Skill-building in setting up the different systems.
- Developing your communication skills to improve relationships at home and work.
- Learning and support from fellow-participants in an on-going NVC community.
- Ideas and support to create the kind of world you want to live in.
The modules of this training are open to people of all levels of NVC skill and experience, from complete newcomers to those already sharing NVC.