Would you like to join a year-long NVC learning community? Our theme is drawn from the Centre for Nonviolent Communication’s Certification Preparation Packet, which provides a complete journey from initial encounters with Nonviolent Communication to advanced NVC mediation and facilitation skills.
Knowing: learn and clarify the concepts of Nonviolent Communication.
Living: embody the compassionate consciousness of NVC in your daily life, including spirituality and social change.
Sharing: get support to share Nonviolent Communication skills with others at home, work and in workshops settings.
This Year Training course is based on the intention and skills of Nonviolent Communication (NVC). The fifteen days of the training count towards CNVC certification. There are five modules in the Year Training between October 2018 and July 2019. Each module is a three-day, residential course held at Paddington Farm, Glastonbury.
All modules are led by Shantigarbha and Gesine Schrader.
Fees: See venue, fees and general information.
Ready to book? Use the Year Training 2018-19 application form.
About the Training: What is Nonviolent Communication (NVC)?
NVC was developed by Marshall Rosenberg over a period of forty years as a response to one simple yet powerful question: why do some people continue to act compassionately, even in deeply challenging situations? NVC is now being used by a worldwide network of trainers and practitioners in fields such as education, parenting, mediation, conflict resolution, psychotherapy, and social change. Further introduction to NVC.
A special track if you want to concentrate on the facilitation aspects of NVC.
- Explore facilitation skills, including planning sessions, brief empathy and how to “hold” a group.
- Practise offering NVC exercises and Dance Floors with feedback from a trainer.
- Enjoy the mutual support of others on the Facilitation Track.
- Enjoy support and suggestions on how to progress on your own path as an NVC trainer.
Who’s it for? To support clarity and depth on this track, we’re inviting only those who have attended the five modules of the 2016-17 or 2017-18 Year Trainings.
Who will benefit from attending the course?
The modules of this training are open to people of all levels of NVC skill and experience, from complete newcomers to those already sharing NVC. You will gain:
- Opportunities for healing and learning a process you can use to support others.
- Developing your communication skills to improve relationships at home and work.
- Learning and support from fellow-participants in an on-going NVC community.
- Ideas and support to create the kind of world you want to live in.