How do we stay present and grounded with ourselves in everyday life? How do we learn the skills of NVC, so that they are available even in challenging situations?
With Gesine and Filip, join our community of like-minded people to become more aware and true to yourself and others. Learn life-changing communication skills through NVC and liberating bodily movements.
About the course
- This online NVC Level One Course introduces you to the steps of the NVC process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others, and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Achieve deeper bodily awareness, through a series of games and guided movement explorations.
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training. Once you have attended this course you will be eligible to attend our Level Two/Intermediate courses.
- Gives you the opportunity to learn effective communication skills in a playful and supportive environment.
- Practicing self-empathy, empathy for others and self-expression through curiosity and bodily movements as we dance between NVC and Improvisation.
- Identify the four steps of the NVC process.
- Learn about structures of improvisation dance.
- Learn how to connect with your own body in your own space and become authentic in self expression.
NB. Preparation is not required to participate. Whether you’re new to NVC or need a refresher, we recommend these resources.
Staying safe in Covid-19
To keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we will work with a maximum of 25 participants plus trainers and assistant. We also ask all participants to take a lateral flow test two days before the workshop and on the day. The workshop will be held in a spacious, comfortable school hall where we easily maintain social distancing for those who want/need it. The exercises will be adjusted accordingly to create a safe space. We will follow current government guidelines.
The day before the workshop, if you have any Covid symptoms or have been in touch with someone who has symptoms in the last five days, please stay at home or get a test. If you stay at home, we will either defer your booking to another Seed of Peace event or give you a full refund. If we decide that it’s not safe to meet in person, we will move this event online to Zoom.
When and where
Date: Saturday and Sunday 14 & 15 May 2022.
Times: 10.00am – 5.30pm UK time both days.
Venue: St Werburgh’s Primary School – Silver Birch Annexe, Mogg Street, St Werburgh’s, Bristol, BS2 9UB.
Deadline for registration
The deadline for registration is Saturday 7 May, 2022.
About the trainers
Filip Kijowski is an interdisciplinary queer artist working between Poland and London, combining choreography, improvisation, text, and audiences. His artistic work focuses on themes of community, identity and freedom caused by oppressions from “Growing up gay in a straight man’s world”. Find out more about Filip.
Gesine Schrader is originally from a Montessori teaching background and certified as an NVC trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication. Gesine is passionate about her work and how it encourages self development, conflict resolution and community building. She has facilitated NVC events internationally through Seed of Peace. Find out more about Gesine.
About the collaboration between Seed of Peace and Filip Kijowski
Filip joined our Summerfest 2019 and facilitated Improvisation Dance sessions, which were popular with all ages. Since then we have been in regular contact and exchange. Filip became part of our wider team. We see him a as a natural NVC practitioner and his teaching comes from his heart. We’ve noticed that people love his gentleness.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with this kind of financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £150 booking fee. We ask that you treat this booking fee as non-refundable.
- At the end of the weekend, we will have a conversation about Gift Culture and invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for non-refundable booking fee of £150 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £200–£500 for a two day in-person workshop with two trainers. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.