People who get heard are more likely to listen.
Imagine interacting with others in a way that allows everyone’s needs to be equally valued.
About this Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Level Two Course
On this course you will practise the skills you’ve learned on your Level One course plus develop further understanding and skills in the area of empathy:
- Review and practice the basic ingredients of NVC.
- Share the ups and downs of applying NVC in your life.
- Be able to self-empathize in challenging situations.
- Be able to hear the needs behind challenging messages.
- Discover the healing power of presence.
- Connect empathically with yourself and others.
The other Level Two courses we offer cover anger and conflict.
Book this course
Empathy creates connection and strengthens existing relationships, in all areas of our lives. It can bridge temperamental, cultural and religious differences. Featuring the NVC Tree of Compassionate Connection, the Self-empathy Dance Floor, empathy listening exercises, the 13 Step Inner/Outer Dance Floor. More information on the NVC Dance Floors
Before applying, we ask you to have completed a Level One course of two days or equivalent with a certified trainer. Once you have been accepted on this course, we suggest:
- Rereading your Level One notes and handouts.
- Reading Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication
- If you haven’t done already, reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- Watching one of the videos on our training preparation page.
- Sampling our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
When and where
Date: Saturday and Sunday 18 – 19 November 2023.
Times: 10am – 5.00pm UK time both days.
Venue: St Werburgh’s Primary School – Silver Birch Annexe, Mogg Street, St Werburgh’s, Bristol, BS2 9UB.
In the spirit of Gift Culture
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with this kind of financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £135 booking fee. We ask that you treat this booking fee as non-refundable.
- At the end of the weekend, we will have a conversation about Gift Culture and invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for non-refundable booking fee of £135 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £180 – £450 for a two day in-person workshop. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.