What are the alternatives to avoiding conflict or staying and escalating the conflict? Do you want to learn how to solve inner conflicts, resolve your conflicts with others, and support people around you when they are in conflict with each other?
About this Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Level Two Course
On this course you will practise the skills you’ve learned on your Level One course plus develop further understanding and skills in the area of conflict:
- Learn how to remain centred and break deadlocks in conflicts with others.
- Learn how to make difficult decisions when you’re in inner conflict.
- Learn how to learn from your limitations without losing self-respect.
- Learn how to begin mediating between two people who are in conflict in both formal and informal settings.
The other Level Two courses we offer cover empathy and anger.
Before applying, we ask you to have completed a Level One course of two days or equivalent with a certified trainer. Once you have been accepted on this course, we suggest:
- Rereading your Level One notes and handouts.
- Reading Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication
- If you haven’t done already, reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- Watching one of the videos on our training preparation page.
- Sampling our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
When and where
Date: Saturday & Sunday, 15-16 June 2024.
Times: 10:00 – 17:00, both days.
Venue: St Werburgh’s Primary School – Silver Birch Annexe, Mogg Street, St Werburgh’s, Bristol, BS2 9UB.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with this kind of financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £135 booking fee. We ask that you treat this booking fee as non-refundable.
- At the end of the weekend, we will have a conversation about Gift Culture and invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
- To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £195 –£470 for a two day in-person workshop. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending, as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.