Join a community of like-minded people to learn life-changing communication skills and breathe new life into relationships at home, at work and in the community.
About this weekend workshop
- Introduces you to the steps of the Nonviolent Communication (NVC) process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others, and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training.
- Identify the four steps of the NVC process.
- Learn new and effective communication skills in a playful and supportive environment.
- Explore connecting with others in times of conflict and with those who have different worldviews.
- Discover how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences – to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Practice becoming more present and experience taking a “time in”.
Staying safe in Covid-19
To keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we will work with a limited number of 20 participants plus trainer and assistant. We also ask all participants to take a lateral flow test two days before the workshop and on the day. The workshop will be held in a spacious yoga room where we easily maintain social distancing for those who want/need it. The exercises will be adjusted accordingly to create a safe space. We will follow current government guidelines.
The day before the workshop, if you have any Covid symptoms or have been in touch with someone who has symptoms in the last five days, please stay at home or get a test. If you stay at home, we will either defer your booking to another Seed of Peace event or give you a full refund. If we decide that it’s not safe to meet in person, we will move this event online to Zoom.
Whether you’re new to NVC or need a refresher, we recommend these resources.
When and where
Date: Saturday and Sunday 24 & 25 September, 2022.
Times: 10am – 5.30pm UK time both days.
Venue: Cardiff Yoga Studio, 12 St. Peter’s Street, Roath, Cardiff, CF24 3BA.
Deadline for registration
The deadline for registration is Sunday 18 September, 2022.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with this kind of financial co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £150 booking fee. We ask that you treat this booking fee as non-refundable.
- At the end of the weekend, we will have a conversation about Gift Culture and invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for non-refundable booking fee of £150 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £200–£500 for a two day in-person workshop. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.