Living NVC for personal growth, learning, building community, authentic connection, fun and laughter.
We are inviting everyone who has completed an NVC Foundation or Level One training with Shantigarbha and Gesine. Come and join us on our Living NVC 3-day retreat in the idyllic countryside of Herefordshire.
We are offering facilitated sessions on request:
- NVC sessions
- Mindfulness and meditation
There will also be space for you to offer your own sessions or topics. These might include ragey-wailing, singing, nature walk, community, laughter and tears. And LOTS of connection!
Our intention for this Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Retreat
- Meeting like-minded people, getting to know each other and experiencing NVC community.
- Creating honest and authentic connection with yourself and others.
- Experiencing a space of personal growth and learning.
- Developing and practising self-empathy, empathy and self-expression.
- Taking the opportunity for stillness, reflection and spaciousness.
Date: Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 1 – 3 September 2023.
Times: Starting Friday 15:00 and finishing Sunday 15:00.
You are welcome to arrrive on Thursday 31 August from 16:00 onwards. Programme will start Friday afternoon.
Deadline for bookings is Monday 28 August.
Shantigarbha, certified with the Center for Nonviolent Communication.
Gesine Schrader, certified with the Center for Nonviolent Communication.
Frances Brooke, Yoga teacher over 3o years and NVC enthusiast for six years.
Find out more about us.
Provisional Daily Timetable
The organising team will provide a menu, food and recipes. We will prepare and cook the meals as a community.
Included in the booking fee is accommodation at Maitreya House. The accommodation comprises:
- Two rooms with two single beds upstairs in the farmhouse.
- One room with one single bed upstairs in the farmhouse.
- Three cabins in the grounds with two single beds.
- Three cabins in the grounds of the Zendo with two single beds.
On the application form, we will ask you to indicate your preference for a room in the farmhouse or a cabin. We will make the room allocation to take into account as many of these preferences as possible. Availability of single rooms depends on numbers of participants.
In the spirit of Gift Culture
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with this kind of financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £190 booking fee, which will cover the food and accommodation. We ask that you treat this booking fee as non-refundable.
- At the end of the weekend, we will have a conversation about Gift Culture and invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
To ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £350 – £650 for a 3-day retreat in person. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.