People who get heard are more likely to listen.
Imagine interacting with others in a way that allows everyone’s needs to be equally valued.
About this Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Level Two Course
On this course you will practise the skills you’ve learned on your Level One course plus develop further understanding and skills in the area of empathy:
- Review and practice the basic ingredients of NVC.
- Share the ups and downs of applying NVC in your life.
- Be able to self-empathize in challenging situations.
- Be able to hear the needs behind challenging messages.
- Discover the healing power of presence.
- Connect empathically with yourself and others.
The other Level Two courses we offer cover anger and conflict.
Book this course
Empathy creates connection and strengthens existing relationships, in all areas of our lives. It can bridge temperamental, cultural and religious differences. Featuring the NVC Tree of Compassionate Connection, the Self-empathy Dance Floor, empathy listening exercises, the 13 Step Inner/Outer Dance Floor. More information on the NVC Dance Floors
When and where
Six Mondays: 22, 29 May; 5, 12, 19 and 26 June 2023, 19:00 – 21:15 UK time.
This is an online course. We will invite you to six online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to go into breakout rooms for smaller group work.
Shantigarbha, certified trainer with the Centre for Nonviolent Communication.
Find out more about us.
This is an interactive audio-visual course over the period of six weeks. We will invite you to six online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to break out into ‘rooms’ for smaller group and pair work. We ask that you agree to attend at least five of the six sessions. If you are going to miss more than one session, we ask that you book on a later cycle. In order to create a safe space for sharing, we will only be sharing recordings of the sessions with attendees on the course who aren’t able to make a particular evening i.e. there isn’t a ‘watch only’ option. To give attention to each person on the course, we are limiting the number of participants to 22.
Before applying, we ask you to have completed a Level One course of two days or equivalent with a certified trainer. Once you have been accepted on this course, we suggest:
- Rereading your Level One notes and handouts.
- Reading Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication
- If you haven’t done already, reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- Watching one of the videos on our training preparation page.
- Sampling our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
For more information on Nonviolent Communication, see our what is NVC? page, the Centre for Nonviolent Communication website, or you could contact us directly.
In the spirit of Gift Culture
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £90 Booking Fee option. We ask that you treat £90 as a non-refundable deposit for your place – you can attend and choose to contribute no more than £90.
- At the end of the sixth session of the course, we will invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work with others. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for a Booking Fee of £90 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £155–£350 for an online course. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.