Join a community of like-minded people to learn life-changing communication skills and breathe new life into relationships at home, at work and in the community.
About this Course
- This online NVC Level One Course introduces you to the steps of the NVC process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others, and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training.
- Is a safe learning environment.
- Identify the four steps of the NVC process.
- Learn new and effective communication skills in a playful and supportive environment.
- Explore connecting with others in times of conflict and with those who have different worldviews.
- Discover how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences — to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Practice becoming more present and experience taking a “time in”.
When and Where
Six Mondays: 10, 17, 24, 31 January; 7, and 14 February 2022; 7:00 – 9:15pm UK time.
This is an online course. We will invite you to six online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to go into breakout rooms for smaller group work.
Who is this course for?
People who want a practical, experiential introduction to Nonviolent Communication. It’s an interactive audio-visual course over the period of six weeks. We ask that you agree to attend at least five of the six sessions. If you are going to miss more than one session, we ask that you book on a later cycle. In order to create a safe space for sharing, we will only be sharing recordings of the sessions with attendees on the course who aren’t able to make a particular evening i.e. there isn’t a ‘watch only’ option. To give attention to each person on the course, we are limiting the number of participants to 20.
NB. Preparation is not required to participate.
- Read Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication
- Reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- Watch one of the videos on our training preparation page.
- Sample our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
A week before the course starts, we’ll send you the link to a 15-minute orientation video. We offer this to ensure a smooth start to session one the following week, where we will have our focus on the NVC learning. In the video we go over important practical matters for attending an online course.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £80 Booking Fee option. We ask that you treat £80 as a non-refundable deposit for your place – you can attend and choose to contribute no more than £80.
- At the end of the sixth session of the course, we will invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work with others. This will relate to a) the value you have derived from the course, and b) your current financial resources and commitments. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for a Booking Fee of £80 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £140–£300 for an online course. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.