Join a community of like-minded people to learn life-changing communication skills.
About this Course
- This online NVC Level One Course introduces you to the steps of the NVC process for use in expressing yourself to others, listening to others, and listening compassionately to yourself.
- Gives you sufficient information and practice to start using NVC in your daily life.
- Is run in an experiential style working with examples from participants’ lives.
- Is a recognised stepping stone to further NVC training.
- Is a safe learning environment.
- Identify the four steps of the NVC process.
- Learn new and effective communication skills in a playful and supportive environment.
- Explore connecting with others in times of conflict and with those who have different worldviews.
- Discover how to shift from a paradigm of demands, rewards and consequences — to a paradigm of self-responsibility, connection, trust, mutual support and interdependence.
- Practice becoming more present and experience taking a “time in”.
When and Where
Six Mondays: 24, 31 May and 7, 14, 21, 28 June 2021, 7:00 – 9:15pm. UK time.
This is an online course. We will invite you to six online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to break out into ‘rooms’ for smaller group and couples work.
Who is this course for?
People who want a practical, experiential introduction to Nonviolent Communication. It’s an interactive audio-visual course over the period of six weeks. We ask that you agree to attend at least five of the six sessions. If you are going to miss more than one session, we ask that you book on a later cycle. In order to create a safe space for sharing, we will only be sharing recordings of the sessions with attendees on the course who aren’t able to make a particular evening i.e. there isn’t a ‘watch only’ option. To give attention to each person on the course, we are limiting the number of participants to 20.
NB. Preparation is not required to participate. Consider reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book, Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, or watch one of the videos on our training preparation page. In addition, you could read Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication or sample our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
New! Orientation session
A week before the course starts, on Monday 17 May, at 7.00 pm UK time, we are offering a 25-minute orientation session. We are offering this to ensure a smooth start to session one the following week, where we will have our focus on the content and the learning. Maria, our admin. assistant, will go over important practical matters for attending an online course. Nearer the time, you will receive an invitation to this session in the Course joining instructions. This orientation session will be recorded – it’s the only session that will be – so you will be able to watch it as an alternative to attending the session live.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £70 deposit option. We ask that you treat £70 as a non-refundable deposit for your place – you can attend and choose to contribute no more than £70.
- At the end of the sixth session of the course, we will lead through a process in which we invite you to contribute towards the trainer Gesine continuing to offer this work to others. This will relate to a) the value you have derived from the course, and b) your current financial resources and commitments. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for a deposit of £70 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £110–£260 for an online course. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.