Join a community of like-minded people to learn life-changing communication skills. Anger is a powerful emotion. Can you imagine the power of finding the life in it?
This Level Two (Deepening) course is designed for practising skills learned in your Level One or Foundation Training, plus developing further understanding and skills in the area of transforming anger, guilt, shame and depression. The other Level Two courses we offer are in the areas of empathy and conflict.
- Learn how to express anger fully without blame, attack or threat.
- Learn how to receive anger in ways that increase safety, respect and understanding.
- Transform your ‘inner chatter’ or self-talk by bringing an attitude of self-compassion and kindness.
- Clarify your feelings and needs in challenging situations.
- Extend skills and understanding with the ‘Anger, Guilt, Shame and Depression’ Dance Floor. Dance Floors are spatial maps of the NVC process which we lay on the floor and walk through – hence Dance Floors.
When and where
Six Thursdays: 20 and 27 October; (skip 3 ) 10, 17, 24 November; 1 December 2022, 12:00-14:15 UK time.
This is an interactive audio-visual course over the period of six weeks. We will invite you to six online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to break out into ‘rooms’ for smaller group and pair work. We ask that you agree to attend at least five of the six sessions. If you are going to miss more than one session, we ask that you book on a later cycle. In order to create a safe space for sharing, we will only be sharing recordings of the sessions with attendees on the course who aren’t able to make a particular evening i.e. there isn’t a ‘watch only’ option. To give attention to each person on the course, we are limiting the number of participants to 22.
Before applying, we ask you to have completed a Level One course of two days or equivalent with a certified trainer. Once you have been accepted on this course, we suggest:
- Rereading your Level One notes and handouts.
- Reading Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication
- If you haven’t done already, reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- Watching one of the videos on our training preparation page.
- Sampling our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £80 Booking Fee option. We ask that you treat £80 as a non-refundable deposit for your place – you can attend and choose to contribute no more than £80.
- At the end of the sixth session of the course, we will invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work with others. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for a Booking Fee of £80 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £140–£300 for an online course. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.