Join a community of like-minded people to learn life-changing communication skills.
About the course
Anger is a powerful emotion. Can you imagine the power of transforming it?
- Learn how to express anger fully without blame, attack or threat.
- Learn how to receive anger in ways that increase safety, respect and understanding.
- Clarify your feelings and needs in challenging situations.
- Extend skills and understanding with the ‘Anger, Guilt, Shame and Depression’ Dance Floor. Dance Floors are spatial maps of the NVC process which we lay on the floor and walk through – hence Dance Floors.
When and where
Six Mondays: 15, 22, 29 March, and 12, 19, 26 April 2021, 7:00 – 9:15pm UK time.
This is an online course. We will invite you to six online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to break out into ‘rooms’ for smaller group and pair work.
Who is this course for?
This Level Two (Deepening) course is designed for practising skills learned in your Level One or Foundation Training, plus developing further understanding and skills in the area of anger. (The other Level Two courses we offer are in the areas of empathy and conflict).
The calls will be interactive. We ask that you agree to attend at least five of the six sessions. If you are going to miss more than one session, we ask that you book on a later cycle. In order to create a safe space for sharing, we will only be sharing recordings of the sessions with attendees on the course who aren’t able to make a particular evening i.e. there isn’t a ‘watch only’ option. To give attention to each person on the course, we are limiting the number of participants to 18.
Before applying, we ask you to have completed a Level One course of two days or equivalent with a certified trainer. Once you have been accepted on this course, we suggest that you consider reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book, Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, or watch one of the videos on our training preparation page. In addition, you could read Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication or sample our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £70 deposit option. We ask that you treat £70 as a non-refundable deposit for your place – you can attend and choose to contribute no more than £70.
- At the end of the sixth session of the course, we will invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work with others. This will relate to a) the value you have derived from the course, and b) your current financial resources and commitments. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for a deposit of £70 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £110–£260 for an online course. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.