Transform your life with compassionate communication! This six-week introductory course will help you to communicate more compassionately with your loved ones, friends and work colleagues.
About this Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Level One Course
- Transformational communication tools you can immediately apply in your daily life.
- Learn how to express yourself to others, listen to others, and listen compassionately to yourself.
- Uses experiential learning – working with situations from your life.
- A recognised stepping stone to further compassionate communication courses.
When and Where
Six Wednesdays: 6, 13, 20 and 27 March (skip 3 April Easter week); 10 and 17 April 2024, 19:00 – 21:15 UK time.
This is an online course. We will invite you to six online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to go into breakout rooms for smaller group work.
A super-useful life skills course that is packed with supportive notes and videos, practical work-through-it exercises and moments for insightful reflections, as well as lots of great people from all walks of life and reasons for coming. It’s really clear and held, and guided really thoughtfully and in a really grounded way. Definitely recommend it!
Natalie Baker, June 2020.
Who is this course for?
People who want a practical, experiential introduction to Nonviolent Communication. It’s an interactive audio-visual course over the period of six weeks. We ask that you agree to attend at least five of the six sessions. If you are going to miss more than one session, we ask that you book on a later cycle. In order to create a safe space for sharing, we will only be sharing recordings of the sessions with attendees on the course who aren’t able to make a particular evening i.e. there isn’t a ‘watch only’ option. To give attention to each person on the course, we are limiting the number of participants to 22.
NB. Preparation is not required to participate.
- Read Shantigarbha’s book on empathy I’ll Meet You There: A Practical Guide to Empathy, Mindfulness and Communication
- Reading Marshall Rosenberg’s book Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
- Watch one of the videos on our training preparation page.
- Sample our series of NVC Life Hacks on YouTube.
A week before the course starts, we’ll send you the link to a 15-minute orientation video. We offer this to ensure a smooth start to session one the following week, where we will have our focus on the NVC learning. In the video we go over important practical matters for attending an online course.
In the spirit of Gift Culture
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with financial co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £90 Booking Fee option. We ask that you treat £90 as a non-refundable deposit for your place – you can attend and choose to contribute no more than £90.
- At the end of the sixth session of the course, we will invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue to offer this work to others. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
- To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £160–£360 for an online course. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.