Mourning is not just a process that happens after someone dies – it’s an experience we go through with loss of any kind. In this course we offer seven tips for mourning, including Steps to Mourning and Healing as a guided reflection. Ready to book? Click here.
Shantigarbha and Gesine Schrader, certified NVC trainers. More about us.
Who is this course for?
- If you have got stuck with mourning, and it’s turned into depression.
- If you have some mourning to do, or want to find out more about how to mourn in a way that’s healing and integrating.
- No previous training required.
- All life experience welcome!
Times and platform
Date and times: One day, 18 July 2020. 10am – 12.15pm and 2pm – 4.15pm London time. Both sessions will include a 15-minute bio-break.
Duration: 4.5 hours.
Platform: These will be online sessions. We will invite you to online calls, using a platform called Zoom — instructions to follow. Zoom allows us to break out into ‘rooms’ for smaller group work.
What can you expect in the course?
- Watch Life Hack 6: Mourning together.
- Review what we’ve seen in the clip.
- Opportunity to ask questions to clarify the first six tips.
- Do tip seven all together: a guided reflection of Steps to Mourning and Healing.
- Go into two groups to maximise airtime for sharing.
- Come together for a closing round.
- If you want, allocate a buddy to stay in touch with afterwards.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of our experimentation with financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £20 deposit option. We ask that you treat £20 as a non-refundable deposit for your place – you can attend and choose to contribute no more than £20.
- At the end of the day, we will lead through a process in which we will share our costs with you and ask you to make a financial contribution of your choosing towards the living costs of the trainers, Shantigarbha and Gesine. This will relate to a) the value you have derived from the course, and b) your current financial resources and commitments. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for a deposit of £20 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £40 – £90. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.
Registration and paying your deposit
We want to create a safe space for those who want to share mourning, so we’re not recording these sessions. In other words, we’re not offering a ‘listen-only’ option.