Transform your life with compassionate communication! This weekend introductory workshop will help you to communicate more compassionately with your loved ones, friends and work colleagues.
About this Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Level One Weekend
- Transformational communication tools you can immediately apply in your daily life.
- Learn how to express yourself to others, listen to others, and listen compassionately to yourself.
- Uses experiential learning – working with situations from your life.
- A recognised stepping stone to further compassionate communication courses.
Staying safe in Covid-19
To keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we will work with a limited number of 16 participants plus trainer and assistant. We also ask all participants to take a lateral flow test on the day. The workshop will be held in a spacious comfortable school hall where we easily maintain social distancing for those who want/need it. The exercises will be adjusted accordingly to create a safe space. We will follow current government guidelines.
The day before the workshop, if you have any Covid symptoms or have been in touch with someone who has symptoms in the last five days, please stay at home or get a test. If you stay at home, we will either defer your booking to another Seed of Peace event or give you a full refund. If we decide that it’s not safe to meet in person, we will move this event online to Zoom.
Whether you’re new to NVC or need a refresher, we recommend these resources.
When and where
Date: Saturday & Sunday, 11 – 12 February 2023.
Times: 10:00 – 17:30 UK time, both days.
Venue: St Werburgh’s Primary School – Silver Birch Annexe, Mogg Street, St Werburgh’s, Bristol, BS2 9UB.
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of experimenting with this kind of financial-co-responsibility, we ask the following:
- When you apply, select the £135 booking fee. We ask that you treat this booking fee as non-refundable.
- At the end of the weekend, we will have a conversation about Gift Culture and invite you to make a further contribution to help us continue and expand our work. On the booking form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
A note on finances
We ask for non-refundable booking fee of £135 to book your place plus a financial contribution of your choosing. To meet our costs and to ensure the sustainability of the event we are suggesting a total contribution in the range of £180 –£450 for a two day in-person workshop. If this would be a hardship for you, please do not let that stop you from attending as we would love to have you there. Please contact us to talk about it.