This page has not yet been updated for 2021. In the meantime, for guidance, here’s what we offered in 2019.
Showers, loos and swimming lake!
There will be compost toilets and gas-fired showers, and a wood-fired sauna along with the swimming lake!
Glamping: is camping a challenge for you?
We have a glamping option: bell tents for those who relish a little more comfort, installed down by the lake at Critchill Manor.
Costs will be £400 furnished, and £200 unfurnished. For more information, visit our Glamping page.
We will provide delicious, healthy vegetarian food at the Summerfest café. If you give us advance notice, we can cater for dairy-free and wheat-free diets. You’re welcome to prepare your own food in the camping field.
Will there be simple child-friendly food available? Mahesh (our head chef) has plenty of experience of cooking for all ages. All the food will be vegetarian. Generally we have learned that children like simple foods. Foods like this will be available although we can’t promise to cater for children who are particularly limited in what they will eat. Please bring along any supplementary foods you know your child will like so that they don’t go hungry.
- Porridge, Musli, Scrambled eggs Indian style. Throughout the day: selection of normal, herbal and fruity teas with biscuits and snacks.
- Soup, salads and bread.
- Pasta, salad (lots of greens), wild garlic pesto, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Selection of salads, chickpeas with fresh herbs and wholes spices, steamed vegetables and quinoa.
- Pasta with variety of fresh salads.
- Quinoa salad with nutty condiments.
- Mixed vegetable stew, spinach lentils and lemon rice.
- Pasta served with pesto (vegan options available), greens, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Moong daal, mixed vegetables with grated coconut, brown rice (same for kids with no spices).
- Spinach lentils, squash and sweet potatoes with tamarind and jaggery, white rice.
- Aloo gobi, kichidi ( rice and lentils cooked together with fresh herbs and whole spices), seseame seeds chutney, Yoghurt.
- Tomato lentils, fresh greens and white rice.
- Vegetable biryani, tomato masala with nuts and raitha.
Please be advised that the dishes and ingredients mentioned in our menu plan, above, could be subject to change without notice. Let us know if you have any allergies or intolerances before you arrive.