This year we are looking for:
- Twelve kitchen volunteers.
- Eight community volunteers
- Support roles (no fee reduction)
Please contact us if you’d like to offer your time. Details below.
- washing up
- chopping vegetables
- preparing breakfast
- helping with serving at the buffet table
- preparing hot water, coffee, tea.
We offer a reduced ticket price of £50 plus £80 for a meal deal, and ask for three hours of your time per day to support the camp community. This could involve:
- Helping people with parking and unloading
- Helping people put up their tents
- Tending the camp fire
- Tending the sauna
- Tending the compost toilets
- Helping with cleaning the kitchen
- Preparing snacks and refreshments
- Shopping, if you have a car, and if requested.
- Daily checking/cleaning camp spaces.
- Putting up signs around camp
- Decorating the meeting tents
- Making signs, if needed.
- Making pinboards with Daily Programme, Announcements, Offerings and Requests.
- Before camp: sourcing/making decorations.
- Welcoming camp participants on arrival day.
- Arranging a rota.
- Being at the Infopoint at set times per day.
- Being available for spontaneous queries at other times.
- Making Infopoint announcements at the morning and evening Community Circles.
- Creating a wellbeing space.
- Arranging a rota.
- Being available at the Wellbeing space at set times per day.
- Being available for spontaneous empathy and practical support at other times.
- Working with Gesine before the Summerfest to take registrations and payments.
- Being available to answer phone and email queries.
- On arrival day, checking participants in at the Welcome Gazebo.
Facilitation Team support
- Working with the Facilitation Team to design the programme boards.
- Supporting the creation of the Daily Programme at the morning Community Circle.
- Maintaining workshop spaces, including flipcharts, pens etc.
- Assisting Facilitation Team at other times.
These are the main areas where we need help. It would be also helpful if you have some flexibility to go in different areas if needed.
Please contact us if you’d like to offer your time as a Kitchen or Community Volunteer.
In addition to the above Volunteer roles, we have support roles available. These are roles in which you can contribute to and be engaged in the community. We offer no fee or meal ticket reduction for these roles.
Conflict Transformation Team
- Meeting online before the camp with other members of the Conflict Transformation Team to coordinate your approach.
- Meeting daily on the camp with other members of the Conflict Transformation Team
- Being available for spontaneous empathy conflict transformation during the day.
- Holding the Kids Area.
Please contact us if you’d like to offer your time in a Support role.
Other camp roles
Camp photographer: this volunteer place is already taken for 2020.
Camp video-maker: this volunteer place has already been taken for 2020.
Yoga: this volunteer place already taken for 2020.
Contact improvisation: this volunteer place is already taken for 2020.
Biodanza: this volunteer place is already taken for 2020.