All five modules of the NVC Year Training will be hosted at:
Included in the organisational fee is accommodation at Maitreya House. The accommodation comprises:
- Twin bedroom upstairs in the farmhouse.
- Triple bedroom upstairs in the farmhouse.
- Single bedroom upstairs in the farmhouse.
- Three twin cabins near Farmhouse.
- One single cabin near Farmhouse.
- Two twin cabins in the grounds of the Zendo.
On the application form, we will ask you to indicate your preference for a room in the farmhouse or a cabin. We will make the room allocation to take into account as many of these preferences as possible. Availability of single rooms depends on numbers of participants.
Maitreya House is in a rural area, and there is no wifi or mobile phone signal in the house itself. You can find patchy reception if you walk up to the road (one minute). People who come here on retreat say that it gives them a break from their devices. Could you imagine treating the NVC Year Training as a retreat?
We see self-catering as a way to support us to live NVC. We are delighted to announce that Angela and Craig Plowman, who are attending this year’s Year Training as participants, have stepped forward to host. They will plan and buy food for the menu, allocate rooms and organise the kitchen rota. Self-catering keeps the organisational costs low and allows us to cater for specific dietary requirements. On the application form we will ask if you are willing to sign up on a rota to help prepare and cook meals and clean up afterwards.
Due to the size of the venue, we are limiting the number of places on the Year Training to a maximum of 14 plus one host and two trainers.
Contact Gesine Schrader via email, or phone her on +44 (0)7840 056 289.
- When you apply we’re asking for a fee of £1100.00 (that’s equivalent to £220.00 per three-day module) towards organisational costs e.g. food, self-catering, workshop materials, including handouts, and accommodation at Maitreya House, plus food and accommodation for the two trainers plus the host. We’re delighted to be keeping this organisational fee the same as last year, to make this Training accessible to people of different financial resources.
- At the end of each module we will ask you to make a further financial contribution of your choosing towards us continuing to offer and expand this work. On the application form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
- We are open to receiving your organisational fee in two instalments: 50% when you apply, 50% by 19 September 2023.
- Bursary Fund: previous participants have decided that this Year Training is too rich an opportunity to be offered only to those who have these financial resources. With their help, we have set up a Bursary Fund. If you would struggle to afford the above figures, contact Gesine Schrader via our email contact form, or phone her on +44 (0)7840 056 289.