The venue, self-catering and fees, including what they cover. Elsewhere, get an overview, find out about the syllabus that makes up our five modules, or skip to the online application form.
All five modules of the NVC Year Training will be hosted at:
Visit the Maitreya House website, including travel directions.
Included in the organisational fee is accommodation at Maitreya House. The accommodation comprises:
- Two rooms with two single beds upstairs in the farmhouse.
- One room with one single bed upstairs in the farmhouse.
- Three cabins in the grounds with two single beds.
- Three cabins in the grounds of the Zendo with two single beds.
On the application form, we will ask you to indicate your preference for a room in the farmhouse or a cabin. We will make the room allocation to take into account as many of these preferences as possible. Availability of single rooms depends on numbers of participants.
Maitreya House is in a rural area, and there is no wifi or mobile phone signal in the house itself. You can find patchy reception if you walk up to the road (one minute). People who come here on retreat say that it gives them a break from their devices. Could you imagine treating the NVC Year Training as a retreat?
We see self-catering as a way to support us to live NVC. This year we welcome Barry Jones, graduate of this year’s Year Training, as our host. Barry will plan and buy food for the menu, allocate rooms and organise the kitchen rota. Self-catering keeps the organisational costs low and allows us to cater for specific dietary requirements. On the application form we will ask if you are willing to sign up on a rota to help prepare and cook meals and clean up afterwards.
Due to the size of the venue, we are limiting the number of places on the Year Training to a maximum of 14 plus one host and two trainers.
Contact Gesine Schrader via email, or phone her on +44 (0)7840 056 289.
Fees: in the spirit of Gift Culture
Gift Culture is a new paradigm that moves us away from making money a measurement of worth and value, towards focusing on the sustainability of the community as a whole. More about Gift Culture.
As part of our experimentation with this new way of doing money, we ask the following:
- When you apply we’re asking for a fee of £1100 (that’s equivalent to £220 per three-day module) towards organisational costs e.g. food, self-catering, workshop materials, including handouts, and accommodation at Maitreya House, plus food and accommodation for the two trainers plus the host.
- At the end of each module we will ask you to make a further financial contribution of your choosing towards us continuing to offer and expand this work. On the application form, we will ask you to confirm that you are aware of this.
- We are open to receiving your organisational fee in two instalments: 50% when you apply, 50% by 19 September 2022.